Saturday, November 24, 2012

Website Update

Advice

Saturday, 2012-11-24 - Have a backup mouse and keyboard, in case yours breaks.  Also, get an extra extension chord for headphones.

Saturday, 2012-11-24 - Have a loud fan and earplugs to block out noise.  I've only had foam and waterproof earplugs.

Saturday, 2012-11-24
- Get a real computer for your room.  I wish I had an Apple, but mine was a good deal and works well, HP.
- Get a TV for @ $200 and get a cable installed for $30|$70? and for @ $40+ a recorder.
- Check your house.  Get a floor lamp with stage lights.  If you play the piano|electric keyboard, set it up in some area of the house without a window, possibly your room.  If you just need it to sing and are tight for some reason, get a small one.  Just get a Nook or Pad for reading.  If you have old books, put it on your bookshelf or store it away in boxes in a corner|against the wall.  Make sure you have a full sized 2 seat sofa, preferably, with a good cushion to lie your head on.  I guess, if it's rubber you can wipe it.  I used to put mine at my computer but not anymore, unsure of the cause.  It's the winter, and I don't even need a blanket, anymore, but I need a little pillow.  I had an old sofa in my room we got rid of when I was an older teenager, 16.  You could even put your keyboard against the wall and set it up like at your desk when you want to play.  So, if you get a real piano or do something in the living area, make sure to not have it able so someone can see in so you can put it on YouTube.  :)  I know I lost time playing the piano in a small house when my brother wanted to watch TV.  We had an extra room, but we had toys and tools in it.  You'd have to put a carpet under the piano, too, so no one would know it's your house and set up something on the wall.  If you're still waiting you can just film your fingers, I guess.  So, you'll have your bed.  You'll have a sofa.  You'll have a TV, which needs to go to one side of the arm so you can lean on the side against the back.  You can put the DVD shelf next to the arm.  I have my printer on my TV shelf.  Put the computer machine next to the TV and computer screen.  Get a sturdy table.  You can draw on said table by removing the keyboard and maybe set paint out to dry on the TV.  I don't see why not, but I haven't done that, yet.  Well, you might need to put it on the cardboard pack.  Put your supplies in a set of plastic drawers and whatever remaining junk you own.  I guess if you don't want to get rid of things put them in boxes and fit them either in your room or an extra space.  Hopefully, you don't have many books.  Of course, a little shelf would do.  I seem to have some extra things.  Papers, MCAT material, art canvases and paper.  I even tried to save a shelf for library stuff and another for my old music books, which aren't very helpful.  My dad saved old ones.  I have a pillow chair for my bed.  For my clothes, I have a big wire shelf at the foot of my bed.  I have drawers under my bed I don't use and a set of drawers.  I live in a garage.  So, you might even have room to leap around the center of your room.